What Nobody Tells Beginners

Never give up!  Keep chugging! And do tons of work but not just work, great work.  Watch the following video:




The video highlights some important truths;

1) For the first few years are going to be rough.
2) You can't give up.
3) You gotta to do a huge volume of work.

These are the truths about doing photography.  I'll admit to you, when I began, my work wasn't what I would consider "professional" work.  But I knew that if I kept working at it eventually it will get to my definition of "professional" work.  My definition of "professional" work, is any work that you are proud of, worked hard for, and despite any hardships faced, you know in the back of your head that it was worth it and just smile.
The honest truth is that their is no magic formula or pill to make it.  You just gotta work and do a heck of a lot of it.  Some estimate that you gotta devote about 10,000 hours to your craft.  But know that you can't just "do work", you gotta do work that you think is great and fulfilling.
I still have a lot of learning, work, and adventures to do.  It is a story that is still being written but what I can tell you, is that it is worth it!

The engineering process!

Have similar mantra?  Let me know about it.

No comments: